Let’s face it – we all want to look younger – even those of us who say, "I don’t care about aging” look in the mirror carefully to look for signs of aging and skin damage. We may not "care” but we sure don’t want to look older than we are!
Here are 8 proven ways to look younger and more natural at the same time.
1. The use of Retinoids, Alpha-hydroxy Acids, Salicylic Acid & Azelaic Acid have been scientifically proven to treat signs of aging and to make the skin look younger. These ingredients can be found in the skin care products at Caddell's. It is recommended that you purchase skin care products from a medical setting as the ingredients are stronger and more effective. Epionce Skin Care Products contain most of these important ingredients to help with anti-aging. Contact your favorite Caddell’s esthetician for more information on these ingredients and which is right for you!
2. Beauty comes from within and one of the best ways to keep skin plumper, hydrated and younger looking is essential fatty acids like omega-3s and omega-6s, they are the building blocks of healthy cell membranes and, consequently, healthy skin. Most diets contain Omega 6s, however for healthier skin look for foods that are high in Omega 3s such as salmon, mackerel, flax, safflower oil, walnuts, sardines, soy and eggs.
3. Keep your beauty and youthfulness and quit smoking which is a leading cause of aging. (And help the environment at the same time!)4. Another problem area that can make you look old is your neck. Laser rejuvenation procedures, such as CO2 laser skin resurfacing, YAG lasers and IPL can rejuvenate and tighten the skin. There are several nonsurgical treatments, used alone or in combo with other treatments that can help tighten a sagging neck or jowl. Products that contain niacinamide, hyaluronic acid and hexamidine can be helpful with milder signs of aging. Epionce Intense Defense Serum contains these ingredients.
5. Products with Retinoids – derivatives of Vitamin A are common treatments for wrinkles and can help with a wide variety of issues. They work by increasing skin turnover and increasing collagen, making your skin firmer and plumper.
6. Brown spots, AKA age spots and liver spots are best treated with products that contain hydroquinone, which is a topical bleaching agent. Other effective treatments for brown spots is chemical peels LINK and laser treatments.
7. Gray & white hair is the tell-all for aging. When you are choosing a color treatment for gray hair choose a hair color that is as close to your natural hair color as you can get.
8. If your nails are more fragile now that you’re a bit older then biotin supplements can help both your nails and thinning hair. Biotin is a B Vitamin and a coenzyme and is also known as Vitamin H. It has been used to help with brittle nails and hair loss.